Full authority digital engine control (FADEC)
With more than 25 years experience, BAE Systems is a world leader in the design, development, and production of FADECs. We’re a preferred supplier to GE and have an installed base of 25,000 engines. We offer comprehensive overhaul programs designed to extend the life of FADECs.
A rich heritage
- More than 25 years experience designing and certifying FADEC for commercial and military aircraft
- An installed base of more than 25,000 engines
- FADEC International joint venture with Safran
- FADEC Alliance partnership with GE and Safran
- Electronic management of essential power systems for optimized engine performance
- Efficient engine status monitoring minimizes fleet disruptions
- Multi-generation product family approach
- Aftermarket service and support with a trusted OEM through our FADEC overhaul program
FADEC products (click each for details)
Introduced in 1988, the evolution of our FADEC engine controls began with the development of the FADEC 1 – designed to accommodate multiple Boeing and Airbus commercial platforms.
The FADEC 1 is manufactured and supported by FADEC International, a joint venture between BAE Systems and Safran.
- Boeing 747, 767
- McDonnell Douglas MD11
Introduced in 1989, our FADEC 2 models were built for both narrow and wide-body aircraft manufactured by Boeing and Airbus.
The FADEC 2 is produced and supported by FADEC International, a joint venture between BAE Systems and Safran.
- Boeing 737, 777
- Airbus A330, A340
The FADEC 3 was developed to support both commercial and military platforms. The first FADEC 3 was introduced in 2000 but has had additional products developed, in 2008, 2011, and 2012.
The FADEC 3 is manufactured and supported by FADEC International, a joint venture between BAE Systems and Safran.
- Airbus A380
- Boeing 737NG, 747-800, 777, 787
- Lockheed Martin C5
Our CF34 FADEC units are installed on regional aircraft manufactured by Bombardier and Embraer. This FADEC is produced and supported by BAE Systems.
- Bombardier CRJ 700, 900, 1000
- Embraer 190, 195
Coming in 2016 – the newest evolution of the FADEC – the LEAP family of engine controls. These FADECs are being produced for commercial aircraft now in development from Airbus, Boeing, Bombardier, and COMAC.
LEAP FADECs are designed and built by FADEC Alliance – a partnership between GE, BAE Systems, and Safran.
- Airbus 320neo
- Boeing 737MAX
- Bombardier Global 7000 and 8000
- COMAC C919